Head of Technology Strategy
Location: Zug, Switzerland
At Landis+Gyr, we share a collective and sole mission: to help the world manage energy better. With over 6,000 employees in 30 countries and as the leading provider of integrated energy management solutions, we ensure that both utility companies and consumers can improve their energy efficiency, lower their energy costs and contribute to the sustainable use of resources.
Within the global Technology organization, we are looking in our headquarter in Zug for a competent and experienced personality as Head of Technology Strategy
In this role you serve as a technology expert to the R&D and Product Management organizations to ensure innovation concepts are clearly translated into product requirements and monetized accordingly. As a core member of the Global Technology Strategy and Innovation Office, you serve as key partner to ensure alignment, accountability and focus needed for effective execution of critical R&D technology strategies and innovation to deliver growth. The main areas of responsibilities will be the following:
- Responsible for the design and development of proof-of-concepts to demonstrate and evaluate the worthiness of technologies
- Drive portfolio roadmaps and ultimately enable regional businesses to secure new customer wins
- Ensure that products meet schedule and cost goals
- Responsible for formalizing work plans and directing their implementation
- Provide technical expertise and consulting to customers, sales staff, marketing and engineering
- Ensure that product development processes are followed from concept through production
- Provide technical management of projects to standards that ensure all products meet or exceed all applicable quality, environmental and regulatory standards
- Provide support to the Project Management group with planning and managing product development projects
To perform in this role, you bring a strong technical expertise and business acumen within strategic planning and execution. This senior position requires the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field (i.e. Business, Engineering, IT)
- Track record of working in global organizations with more than 10 years of work experience in R&D, strategic planning, technology innovation and ecosystems
- Specialization in complex multi-million dollar programs and with advanced technologies
- Fluent communication and excellent presentation skills in English. Ability to act in internal and external technical meetings
- Willingness to travel
You enjoy working in international business, with people from different cultural backgrounds. You are a self-starter and you have strong collaborative and partnering capabilities. You are having structured state of mind and decision maker skills.
In this challenging and rewarding position you work with high performing international teams. You take responsibility for interesting projects now and in the future. Our industry and business environment offer positive challenges with opportunities for personal development!
Please send your application by eMail to jobsCH@landisgyr.com, Katja Bode, Human Resources Manager Switzerland.