Customer Service and Application Engineer
Location: Zug, Switzerland
Landis+Gyr is the leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector. Offering one of the broadest portfolios of products and services to address complex industry challenges, the company delivers comprehensive solutions for the foundation of a smarter grid, including smart metering, distribution network sensing and automation tools, load control, analytics and energy storage. Landis+Gyr operates in over 30 countries across five continents. With sales of approximately USD 1.7 billion, the company employs c. 6,000 people with the sole mission of helping the world manage energy better. More information is available at www.landisgyr.com.
For our Business Unit Energy Products at the company headquarters in Zug, we are looking for a highly motivated Customer Service and Application Engineer.
As Customer Service and Application Engineer for ICG Metering products, you will be the interface between customers and sales engineers and our internal experts from R&D, PM and manufacturing. You will define and manage product configurations and support our customers on how to make best use of them. You will be part of the ICG Customer Service and Application Engineer Team that provides support to customers and sales engineers on the best use of our products.
In this key role, you will:
- Provide daily (technical) product and application support (sales and customers)
- Advise the sales organizations on questions regarding meter parameterization
- Create and modify meter HW and SW configurations for ICG products
- Support our sales organization on product related questions in tenders
- Keep a close contact with production sites for order specification and change management
- Report product quality problems immediately and competently to the responsible departments
- Provide a professional Q-Case management if needed
- Manage successful FAT and SAT for our customers and sales organizations
- Intranet: Manage Q&A, Forum and Best practice sharing pages
- Support PMs in document generation
This expert position requires:
- Higher technical education (apprenticeship or higher)
- Further commercial and/or technical education
- Several years’ experience in the energy sector
- Good level of English and German (written and spoken), other languages are an asset
- Willingness to travel (less than 10%)
We offer you an international and dynamic environment, a well experienced team of experts, where you can be an active part in selling and supporting an innovative and future-orientated portfolio.
If you have the drive and enthusiasm to take on this challenge, we very much look forward to meeting you. Please send your application to jobsCH@landisgyr.com, Katja Bode, Human Resources Manager.