Senior Embedded Software Engineer / Architect – Metering Platform Team
Location: Zug, Switzerland
Energy utilities all over the world make our group the leading provider of energy management solutions and services. We employ the latest technology to deliver value-driven solutions, with enhanced functionality. Over 6,000 employees in 30 countries all over the world commit their experience, passion and innovative power to create exceptional value for our customers.
In our R&D centre in Zug we are developing embedded devices for the growing smart metering business. To build our next-generation products we are looking to extend our firmware platform team with a passionate and result-oriented Senior Embedded Software Engineer / Architect – Metering Platform Team.
In this challenging and rewarding engineering position you will be responsible for firmware development within the global project of implementing a new metering platform. This platform will serve as the foundation of our complete future metering portfolio. Together with a team of specialists you will specify, develop and verify innovative, high quality embedded software in an agile environment using state of the art tools and processes. You will work within the global platform team which is distributed globally within the company’s R&D centres and with whom you will closely collaborate.
This expert position requires
- degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science FH / ETH completed
- practical experience in object-oriented embedded software development
- experience in designing software with the help of modeling languages (e.g. UML) is a plus
- experience in version management and automated testing of firmware
- experience and interest in agile development methods and practices, knowledge sharing, continuous improvement
- good communication skills in English and preferably German, in written and spoken language
- self-motivated and motivating team player, open minded personality with a strong will to succeed
- open, technologically broad and innovative environment (SW / HW, electronics, mechanics) with complex needs
- modern state of the art tools and processes to help you getting the work done
- international, successful company with a focus on sustainability and prospects
- position in the platform development team with the unique opportunity to help shape the future of all coming products
If you have the drive and enthusiasm to master this challenging role, we are looking forward to meeting you. Please send your application to jobsCH@landisgyr.com, Katja Bode, Human Resources Manager in Zug, Switzerland.