System Architect – Metering Platform Team – Electricity meters and communication devices
Location: Zug, Switzerland
Energy utilities all over the world make our group the leading provider of energy management solutions and services. We employ the latest technology to deliver value-driven solutions, with enhanced functionality. Over 6,000 employees in 30 countries all over the world commit their experience, passion and innovative power to create exceptional value for our customers.
In our R&D centre in Zug we are developing embedded devices for the growing smart metering business. To build our next-generation products we are looking to extend our platform team with a highly skilled individual with a deep understanding of metering to fill the position of System Architect – Metering Platform Team – Electricity meters and communication devices.
In this challenging role you will play a key part in the architectural and functional design of metering, load management and communication devices in close cooperation with Product Management and experts from our team which is distributed globally within the company’s R&D centres.
In the described role you will
- prove the technical and architectural feasibility of new requirements
- ensure alignment of products and features
- effectively manage the breakdown of product requirements to a subsystem level
- write product specifications
- understand and monitor the product relevant norms and standards
- represent Landis+Gyr in standardization groups
- keep an overview of technology trends to bring innovative ideas to our new products
This expert position requires
- university level degree (FH/ETH or similar) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering
- several years of experience in developing embedded systems
- deep understanding of metering products and communication technologies
You are innovative and used to work in a structured way with detailed documentation and a focus on quality. Fluent English (verbally and written), excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team are a prerequisite. You enjoy working in an interdisciplinary project team within our multi-disciplined international R&D community.
If you have the drive and enthusiasm to master this challenging role, we are looking forward to meeting you. Please send your application to jobsCH@landisgyr.com, Katja Bode, Human Resources Manager in Zug, Switzerland.